Monday 24 December 2007


Who I Am in Christ – Confessions

My Position in Christ

1. I am of the seed of Abraham by adoption, therefore I am part of God’s covenant with Abraham and therefore I receive Abraham’s blessing. Gen 12:3, Gal 3:8,9,29.

2. I am a “son” of God (son denotes male or female and is the position of first born son therefore an heir to the father’s estate – not a servant as a servant has no right to the inheritance but a son does. Rom 8:14-16, Col 1:12, Col 3:12, Eph 1:14.

3. Because I am a “son” I am an heir of the Father, I am a joint-heir with the Son. Whatever He has is at our disposal (and our Father is not poor, He holds the wealth of the universe in the palm of His hand). There is no need He cannot meet if we are not too proud to receive it.
Rom 8:17.

4. Because we are born into God’s family we are a brand new race – born of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God. 1 Peter 1:23.

5. I am a new creature. 2 Cor 5:17.

6. I am the Head and not the tail – I am above and not beneath. Deut 20:13, 28:13.

7. I am the elect. Col 3:12.

8. I am a priest of the King. 1 Peter 2:5, 9

My Value and Worth

1. I am the apple of my Father’s eye. Psm 17:8, Zech 2:8. I am special – His Favorite. If I am in right standing (i.e. I chose life - to obey) His favour will chase after and pursue me.

2. My soul is priceless and worth more than all the treasure of the earth. Psm 49:8-9. The only thing that can ransom a soul is the most precious and costly thing in the whole universe, which is Jesus’s blood therefore I am of extreme worth as I have been bought with the highest price.
1 Pet 1:18-19, Luke 12:7.

3. I am constantly in my Father’s thoughts. Psm 139:17-18, 115:12, Isah 49:16, Jer 1:5, Zep 3:17-18.

I am Loved by my Father with an Everlasting & Unconditional Love

God Is Love, His very essence and nature is love. He loves us more than we can ever imagine or think. Eph 3:18, 1 Pet5:17, Jer 31:3, 1 Thess 1:4, Rom 8.

My Future

1. God’s plans for me are for good and not evil. Jer 29:11, Psm 138:8.

2. My future is to be with God in my Father’s house, I am a citizen of heaven. I will rule and reign with Christ forever.


CHRIST IS IN ME THE HOPE OF GLORY Col 1:27

No comments: